Island of the Gods 2019 Competition General and Special Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is PT Last Hurrah Group of Jalan Pantai Berawa No 8, Shop 3 & 4, Canggu, Bali, Indonesia.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to residents of Australia, Singapore, The United States of America, Canada, China, The Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, residents of the United Kingdom and residents of member countries of the European Union who are over the age of 18. Exclusions to competition entry include employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
5. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. Competitions commence on May 27th, 2019 and run when advertised through until June 16th 2019, 5pm GMT+8. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the individual competition close dates and times.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
How to enter
10. Entrants may enter the competition by completing the competition instructions on Instagram, Pinterest and completing the entry form on the promotional website www.lasthurrahbali.com/iotg19. The cost of accessing the promotional website, will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
11. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text) that entrants submit in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses.
Number of Entries permitted
14. Only one entry per entrant (couple) will be permitted in each individual competition draw.
Draw and Notification of winner
15. The winner of the competition will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions that is drawn by PT Last Hurrah Group representative by random draw, at Jalan Pantai Berawa No 8, Shop 3 and 4, Canggu, Bali, Indonesia at 12:00 PM (GMT +8) Thursday June 20th, 2019.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
17. The winner will be notified email and/or phone within 24 hours of the draw.
18. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. Internet Service Provider account holder).
19. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
20. Total individual prizes are up to value of $7000 USD (including applicable Indonesian taxes and surcharges). Winners will receive the specific prize they have entered for which will be described on the entry form and the Last Hurrah Groups Instagram and Facebook Pages as well as the Groups website.
21. Entrants need to enter the competition as directed and advertised. Entry into one specific competition does not entitle the entrant to be automatically entered into other competitions advertised, where applicable.
22. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
23. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties. Details of supplier requirements are listed in these terms under the Special Terms and Conditions section
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
26. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
27. The prize must be taken and accepted before any advertised date in the case of an actual event, festival or accommodation prize. The prize cannot be changed once the event date has expired. In the instance a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
28. Travel costs and general travel expenses are explicitly excluded from the prize pack. Flight and accommodation and general travel expenses are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, except where otherwise specified as included in the prize pack. Accommodation prizes are for up to 10 adults for 2 nights. Accommodation prize bookings and dates are subject to availability. Requests for Accommodation prize redemption booking requests can be made in writing to email@example.com no less than 120 days prior to the requested date.
29. The winner acknowledges and accepts that The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local laws, issues and conditions at the destination prior to travel.
30. The winner (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses not covered by the prize package including travel, flights, taxes, general expenses, spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, gratuities, services charges, taxes (unless otherwise specified) travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate health checks prior to taking the prize.
31. The winner and all travelling companions are responsible for their own transport arrangements from their residence to any particular venue that may be part of any given prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
32. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
33. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
35. If an entrant uses any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including, but not limited to, scripting software), organises for a third party to enter on their behalf in breach of these terms and conditions or enters using incorrect contact details, his or her entry will be deemed invalid. If such an entrant wins a prize, the entrant must immediately return the prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine whether an entrant has breached this clause. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm whether an entrant has breached this clause. Entrants must provide whatever documents the Promoter requires upon request.
36. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation, and permissible under Indonesian law. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
37. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
38. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with PT Last Hurrah Group and its affiliates or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
39. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
40. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under applicable which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
41. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
42. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made by PT Last Hurrah to its affiliates as allowed by Indonesian law and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
43. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, Instagram handle or name, Pinterest handle or name, Facebook, Phone Number and Email Address for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless. By entering this competition, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
44. The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and email address which you provide when entering the competition. We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may share your information with our related companies and affiliates and any of us may be in contact for those purposes. We may also use your information as described when we collect information from you. If you do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services you require. We may disclose your information to our related companies, service and content providers. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law. To request access to, or to update, personal information the Promoter holds about you, entrants can contact the office of the Promoter via email correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Terms and Conditions
45. All prize vouchers are for services supplied and appointed to the competition winner only. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable in any other way
46. Cash payments will not be provided in lieu of services for any reason
47. PT Last Hurrah Group, a registered PT PMA organisation of the Republic of Indonesia is the management and promotional holder (The Promoter) of the Island of the Gods (IOTG) 2019 Instagram Competition.
48. By Entering the competition you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the competition and irrevocably remove or waive any claim or right over PT Last Hurrah Group and its affiliates
49. In the event of the winners event cancellation, all prizes are voided
50. In the event of postponement, where pre existing bookings already existing with suppliers, and suppliers cannot fulfill their requirement on the proposed dates, all prizes are voided. Accommodation dates are subjected to a request process and subject to availability. Competition winners must request in writing via email their preferred dates no less than 180 days prior to the intended stay at the given accommodation and Last Hurrah Group will advise availability on the requested dates. If dates cannot be agreed upon, all prizes are voided. Last Hurrah Group and its affiliates will provide best effort to negotiate prize winner preferred dates and times of travel, but is not bound by any commitment to fulfill the requested dates by the client.
51. Change of date of event is acceptable on the basis that all vendors have the date available and that changes are made no more than 120 days prior to original event date
52. Prizes are redeemable for wedding events only and only in the region of Badung, Bali, Indonesia. Prizes cannot be redeemed for any other event type, such as Pre Wedding functions, Recovery events, reunions, birthdays, anniversaries and other event types.
53. Wedding Events must be conducted between February 1st 2020 and November 30th 2020 for prize redemption
54. Hitch’d Bali must be appointed as the sole Wedding Planner for your event for coordination and prize redemption
55. Last Hurrah Bali must be appointed as the sole caterer for the wedding and must include Food and Bar catering packages
56. There is no minimum spend required for food and beverage however for package spend less than $5000 USD a surcharge may apply for transport, travel, logistics, insurances and staff expenses.
57. Agreement to provide the prize package is subject to Last Hurrah Group and its affiliates ability to operate in the venue proposed by the client. This must be limited to Villas and venues that permit external catering.
58. Agreement to provide the prize package is subject to a site inspection of the clients proposed Villa or location, by both Last Hurrah and Hitch’d. Locations and venues must meet the minimum requirements as stated by law for events in the Republic of Indonesia.
59. Events cannot be held within a resort or hotel complex. Events cannot be held in any public space without prior written consent by the relevant authorities of Indonesia.
60. General Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions in relation to Last Hurrah Events and Hitch’d Bali can be found at the respective websites www.lasthurrahbali.com and www.hitchdbali.com
61. Prize winners agree to be bound by the affiliate representative organisations terms and conditions and must act in accordance with all terms and conditions to accept the prize pack. The prize suppliers and affiliate representative organisations are:
Last Hurrah Bali – www.lasthurrahbali.com
Hitch’d Bali – www.hitchdbali.com
Tropicola – www.tropicola.info
Dream In Bali Weddings – www.dreaminbaliweddings.com
Imaj Gallery – www.imajgallery.com
62. Each affiliate supplier has their own cancellation policies and it is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have read and understood all terms and conditions and cancellation policies applicable
63. Cancellation, withdrawal (due to actions directly related to the prize winner, such as, but not limited to, change of event date) or schedule conflict by one or more affiliate suppliers will result in cancellation of the entire prize package. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to coordinate with a representative of PT Last Hurrah Group to arrange a suitable date whereby all suppliers are available to participate and deliver the goods and services provided in the prize pack
64. PT Last Hurrah Group will act as the supplier liaison and management interface to provide its best effort to resolve scheduling conflicts to ensure the prize pack can be delivered to the prize winner but will not be held responsible or bound by any written or verbal agreement, implied or otherwise, requiring the prize pack is delivered to the prize winner when a breach of these terms and conditions is evident.